Tuesday 15 February 2011

Planning Ideas for Thriller

Planning Mindmap:


This is a mindmap of my Ideas for my thriller. I started out by thinking of things that myself and the target audience liked from the subject film of seven. I liked the aspect of the book and how he had the planning of the murders inside it. I had a rough idea from the start that I wanted the plot to be based on a man that preys on the innosence of young children. This was where I came up with the idea of having the book with the images of past children he has prayed on and the present child in which he wishes to pray on. Originally I was going to have a wall of pictures of children but I realised in the time that I had I would not be able to gather all of the pictures for it to look effective in time. Also I planned to have a slow nursery rhyme made with minor chords for the soundtrack. However, I decided that although the nursery rhyme would fit with the theme of young children it would not fit with the genre of the thriller. Therefore I have chosen to make a soundtrack inspired by that of the soundtrack made for the thriller, Vertigo. It will also contain a heavy base line in it to build the tension within the audience as that is one of the things listed in the questionnaire that I did earlier that the audience liked about the thrillers. I decided that there would be an image of a girl that the antagonist was planning on murdering and thus this is what the film would be about. The shot would zoom in on the image and would then cut to a clip of the girl. There could be two clips of the girl in the opening scene; one of her on a swing in the park and one of her skipping down the street laughing. These would be filmed in colour to show that she is good. The antagonist will be filmed in black and white to show his negativity. In between all of these shots there will be a black screen where the titles will be shown. A flickering effect will be added to the titles to add to the genre of thriller. I planned that there would be a shot of the girl on a matress and tied up. However, I decided that I could not find a location for this and thus I decided that it would not be included in my thriller. Also at the end of the opening scene there will be a gigle from a laughing child. Although it is not on the mindmap, I have decided that the name of the thriller will be called The Unfortunate Souls because sometimes when somone refferes to a child they say "she's a wonderful little soul". I like the idea of the innosence that the refference of souls give also they would be unfortunate because obviously they've been killed as you've seen in the book.
The Story Board:

This is my story board.
The first frame is simple. It will be black with the title of my production company on it. The next frame will be an over the shoulder shot of the antagonist and the book of images of the other victims in the past and the victims of the present. After this the next scrren will flick on and again it will show the titles "Directed by Ellie Keys and Stephanie Chawner". The next frame will be a long shot of Elena playing her character on the swings at the park. After this the next frame will be credits again that will list the actors. The next shot will be a longs shot of Nick playing the atagonist who will be planning the murders. The next frame is credits with a black background. The credits will be about who created the music. The next frame will be a long shot of the protagonist walking down the street. The next frame will be a black screen with the credits reffering to the costumes. After this the next frame will be a close up of the antagonist. After this there will be another black screen with the credits reffering to who it was produced by. There will then be a long shot of the protagonist on the park which will fade into the first shot of the over the sholder shot of the antagonist with the book of photos of the antagonist. The screen will then fade to black and the title of the film will appear.

No comments:

Post a Comment